Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The Absent Minded Professor

Well, I'm not a professor, but I am absent minded. I am the girl who left her car running for 3 hours with the doors locked in an elementary school parking lot without realizing it, who once had a sweater burned to cinders on a gas heater while warming it up on a cold winter morning. I am, to put it euphemistically, not blessed with my fair share of common sense and practicality.

Today I pulled a classic Erica the Airhead move: I put my FedEx envelope containing very important, time sensitive materials into the UPS drop box. Fabulous. My only solution: a little note taped to the UPS box that began, "Dear UPS,..."

Just another day in my life.

5 comments:

Beth Brawley Taylor said...

I now feel so much better about my own laundry list of the very same. Many people are like us, but only a few can laugh at themselves. Thanks for making me laugh today...I love you!

The Deaf Kid said...

This was wonderful to read.

Don't worry, we all have our shortcomings. Well, not me, obviously -- but most people.

Rachel said...

And today I left my keys in the door...again.

char said...

OH!!

Don't feel bad, I couldn't open a door that I have been going in and out of for 5 months.

I think you're wonderful, and I like you with in all your Airheaded splendor!

Anonymous said...

Erica,

Thanks for the kind words. Your note on absentmindedness cracked me up. I don't want to say I can relate, but a few days ago I was frantically searching for my cellphone when I realized I was talking on it. 'Nuff said?

I shall see you in two hours with Almond Bark soy ice cream and vegan veggie sushi cakes.

Then we party in your favorite part of town, East Nashville.

Soon,
Dave