Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Life in Nashville.

I haven't been writing much lately. I have been working and reading the non-fiction of some very good women writers and enjoying being a newly wed. Most recently I have been spending eight hours a day reading, answer reviewing, and critiquing the Language Arts portions of standardized tests. It's my new job. I like it better than trying to keep 11 three-year olds under control or writing articles for a cheesy fundamentalist website. I don't come home with funny kid stories or paint on my shoes anymore, but now I can at least stay awake until 9.30pm. I get to find other people's mistakes, which I am very good at; my boss put a hanging plant over my desk that bears an uncanny resemblance to my hair; and I get to tell people that I work for the Discovery Channel, even though I don't actually.

Plus, it's fall now and I'm not in Florida, so that means I get to wear my fashionless brown cardigan that my college roommate said makes me look like a librarian.

Life is good.

4 comments:

~Medea said...

you sound happy honey - I'm glad to know that things are going well for you :)
~Medea

Eddie Taylor said...

Loved the poem...thanks!

Rachel said...

I am only a little bit jealous of your new job and your life in a place that experiences the change of season before December. If you were to write about the bitter cold of Nashville sometime in January, that would be a great help. Happy reading.

char said...

Hello Friend!

I miss that brown cardigan (side note: saying cardigan makes me thinking of Paul... Corrigan, is there any resemblance?).

I'm glad to hear that your new job is going well. (:


All my love to you and John.