Friday, November 6, 2009

A Word of Advice

Don't have cell phone conversations in public restroom stalls. It's rude and ridiculous and just plain weird.

Yesterday I had the lovely privilege of overhearing a woman who works in another suite in my office building do just this. But she wasn't talking to her mother, her girlfriend, or her great aunt. She was interviewing a potential employee. I could hear papers rustling, and she kept saying, "I'm not in front of my computer right now."

I was so tempted to go into every stall and flush every toilet repeatedly. I somehow quelled this urge and left the bathroom shaking my head. But seriously, people. Is anyone really so important that she can't get off the phone for 5 minutes in a public restroom? Is anyone's life so cluttered and insane that she has to go potty and have professional conversations at the same time?

Ponder ye these things.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

And completely unsanitary and disgusting, I might add...but it was nice of you not to flush every toilet, even though you were tempted.

Beth Brawley Taylor said...

A cell phone salesman once told me that he is asked regularly if the insurance covers phones that fall in toilets. Unbelievable. Next time, flush the toilets! :)